Wednesday, July 2, 2008
CHICAGO was great!
So, I'm getting ready to leave Chicago (Part I trip because I'll be driving back on Sunday) to head to Columbus, OH. My trip to the Windy City was AWESOME and I got to do a lot of things both literary and otherwise. Here's the short list and then I'll post pictures and more info:
2. PRIDE parade
3. Cristina and Gram's wedding at Garfield Park Conservatory
4. Chicago "Untouchables" Gangster Tour
5. Magnificent Mile/Hancock Building
6. Chicago Architecture tour on the river
7. North Avenue Beach on Lake Michigan
8. Concert at House of Blues/bowling
9. Saul Bellow's Chicago - site of Humboldt's Gift
10. Art Institute of Chicago
11. Ernest Hemingway's birth home/museum, Oak Park
12. Bucktown/Wicker Park/Greek Town
So overall, I'm really glad I got to see everything I wanted. I also visited the Stockyards, the area that Upton Sinclair uncovered in his book The Jungle and I also saw where L. Frank Baum wrote The Wizard of Oz. There is a park with statues of the tin man, lion, etc. Very cute. So this is the brief overview of my FIRST Chicago trip. I'll fill you in with more details now.