Wednesday, July 2, 2008

CHICAGO was great!

So, I'm getting ready to leave Chicago (Part I trip because I'll be driving back on Sunday) to head to Columbus, OH.  My trip to the Windy City was AWESOME and I got to do a lot of things both literary and otherwise.  Here's the short list and then I'll post pictures and more info: 

1. Wrigleyville
2. PRIDE parade
3. Cristina and Gram's wedding at Garfield Park Conservatory
4. Chicago "Untouchables" Gangster Tour
5. Magnificent Mile/Hancock Building
6. Chicago Architecture tour on the river
7. North Avenue Beach on Lake Michigan
8. Concert at House of Blues/bowling
9.  Saul Bellow's Chicago - site of Humboldt's Gift
10. Art Institute of Chicago
11. Ernest Hemingway's birth home/museum, Oak Park
12. Bucktown/Wicker Park/Greek Town

So overall, I'm really glad I got to see everything I wanted.  I also visited the Stockyards, the area that Upton Sinclair uncovered in his book The Jungle and I also saw where L. Frank Baum wrote The Wizard of Oz.  There is a park with statues of the tin man, lion, etc.  Very cute.  So this is the brief overview of my FIRST Chicago trip.  I'll fill you in with more details now. 

No comments: